Thursday, May 7, 2009

What a heavy day.




Today Mom and Mike arrived and we hit the ground running. We picked up the rental car and got going. Thankfully, Mike got a GPS thing compatable for Germany so travelling was a piece of Apfel Strudel. But we made our way to Dachau. You hear about it. You learn about it. But it is just so intense to be there. So eerie and horribly horribly sad and unbelievable that humanity could sink so low for all of that to occur.

It was really intense.

Then we drove to Regensburg! Mom loved to see how the hops were growing in the fields besides the roads. We ate dinner at the Wurstküche and got ice cream and strolled a bit. But they were understandably exhausted and we went back to their hotel and then they drove me home. I am already enjoying some treats from home! She brought me all kinds of snacks. But I bet I will have them all eaten in a matter of two weeks or so...haha!

Anyways, even though it was a really heavy and difficult day due to the events. Still enjoyable because I learned a lot and I spent the day with family.

Tschüs!

1 comment:

  1. ....I'm family! You didnt spend the day with me! But I wish you did. I miss you, best friend. I love you so much. I know I say that all the time, but I really really do.

    ReplyDelete